Personal Development at Copley
At Copley Primary School, our vision is for children to feel empowered and ready to fulfil their potential through excellent education provision that nurtures whole- child personal development. Our EARTH values underpin our whole school ethos and strive to develop and celebrate empathy, achievement, resilience, team work and healthy living. Our carefully planned curriculum supports the spiritual, moral, social, and cultural needs of our children while remaining inclusive for all, through the adapting of teaching and learning to suit our pupils needs and gives children the opportunity to thrive in their lives now and in the future, preparing them for a modern- day Britain.
Our children feel confident to make mistakes, understand and respect diversity, work with others and feel safe and secure to reach their potential.
What is personal development?
Personal development ensures;
- the school’s curriculum extends beyond the academic, technical or vocational. It provides for learners’ broader development, enabling them to develop and discover their interests and talents
- the curriculum and the school’s wider work support learners to develop their character – including their resilience, confidence and independence – and help them know how to keep physically and mentally healthy
- at each stage of education, the school prepares learners for future success in their next steps
- the school prepares learners for life in modern Britain by:
- equipping them to be responsible, respectful, active citizens who contribute positively to society
- developing their understanding of fundamental British values and appreciation of diversity
- celebrating what we have in common and promoting respect for the different protected characteristics as defined in law.